Thursday, July 5, 2012

For The Graduates

Graduation time is upon me again.  So are graduation parties and gifts.  For the kids of my family and my close friends, I usually do those t-shirt quilts.  I nag and nag and nag for those to save those beloved t-shirts so I can hack them to bits.  Christopher, Robyn and Anna are this year's t-shirt quilt projects.  I gotta tell you . . . I'm pretty t-shirt quilted out . . .


Christopher is my brother Roland's oldest son.  He is a hockey player, so his t-shirt quilt is ALL hockey.  My brother was asked to compile a stack of t-shirts for this quilt and what he gave me was hockey jerseys.  You know . . . that meshy stuff.  I wasn't sure how this would work, but it did.  He also sent me items such as backpacks.  What I figured out was that with the right backing, it all works.  That meshy jersey stuff did well when backed with the shirtweight interfacing.  I liked making this quilt, because it wasn't your usual square after square.  I liked the randomness.


 By the way, my brother took these pictures.  We will forgive him because he is new to the quilt photographing thing.

Robyn's t-shirt quilt was very fun to make because of the colors.  Her mom got me t-shirts of all colors and I paired them with Robyn's favorite purple.  Shades of green make this one really pop.  This pattern went together fast and easy.

And then there was one more . . .

The 20th anniversary Scenic Shore 150 ride to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is this year.  My husband, Tim does this annual ride.  Two days from Mequon, Wisconsin to Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.  This is a quilt I did for them to raffle for charity.  The picture isn't so great and does not do this quilt justice.  The quilting is an amazing bicycle motif.  I will try to get a better one at the ride.  We hope this makes a little more money for such a worthy cause. 

No comments:

Post a Comment